Were you able to download MS Expression Suite? If so, please respond to this blog and check back occasionally to see if you can help your fellow students that may be having troubles. Do you have any advice for them?
Are You experiencing Trouble downloading the software? If you are having trouble downloading the MS Expression Suite detail your trouble below. Caleb Swisher is available in the tutoring center TT 11-3, and is familiar with the software download process for the Suite.
Michael Glitzos and Natasha Hubbard, both students in this class have successfully downloaded and may also be a resource to help you.
Who else has successfully downloaded?
Remember, the software is available free from DreamSpark. There is a link from my home page to this site.
Have a great week,
Prof. Sutton
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I haven't actually downloaded the program yet because I do not currently have my primary PC with me and I'm typing this from a laptop, but I just wanted to add something that may help out a few people. Once you've placed your order on the Web site for Expressions, they require you to verify that you are a student at Germanna. What I did was find my class schedule online and took a print screen of it and sent it as a .jpg to the site. They verified me and sent instructions to download the software. There is a special page where you can browse to the .jpg and send it to them, though. Check the fine print in the emails they send you to find it. They won't send you an email to download the software until you've verified your status as a student, and your order is placed on hold. That's how I understand it to work, anyway.
ReplyDeleteIt was kind of a confusing process for me...Germanna isn't on the list of schools for verification so you must go the journeyed.com site that it takes you to and verify you are a student by sending a copy of your current class schedule to them. Then, they send you a link for the download of the program.
ReplyDeleteI was finally able to successfully download it though. But was named Microsoft Expression 2. That is the correct one, right? That was the only one I saw on that whole page from the link Ms. Sutton gave us.
Mrs sutton,
ReplyDeletei have already downloaded ms expression studio2. i had trouble downloading it here at home so i went to school and had a tutor help me download it. i manage to get the full version for free. so that was awesome! the software looks and works perfectly so i didn't have any problems using it. i hope it helps me do what i need to do.
in order to download the software, you have to go to dream spark.com, look for the full version (recommended), and click download. that should take you journey ed com where you have to sign up to verify you're a student. when signing up i recommend you use college email address and use the name sutton as a password. if that doesn't work type it again. once you sign in, they'll send you an email notifying the order. it comes with link to download the software. so once the order is ready, press the link for the software and it should download.
ReplyDeletep.s., i got two emails. one verifying the download and the other that comes with the link to access the software.
One last thing, when downloading the software it should be downloaded onto a recordable cd because the software is too large for a regular flash drive to hold. the software is 500 mbs. so it needs to be downloaded to a larger holding file like a cd-r or a dvd-r disk. i recommend the cd-r disk.
ReplyDeleteputtyj has everything I did written. About downloading it from the school I couldn't do that either (I believe its security or a file size block) try someone with fios or go to panera or someone with free wi-fi (that you don't have to do a monthly fee)to do the download. Myself I have to do that often due to a limit of 200mb of download limits per day. The file is over 1gb I believe but less than that of a dvd-r. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThose with a wireless bandwidth limit should check to make sure what your ISPs policies are. Like the post above mine, if you go over your allotted bandwidth, there are additional fees and such. I have Verizon Wireless so instead of a daily cap, I have a monthly cap of 5 gigs. I believe Hughes net has the daily limits of something like 200mb unless it's from 1'ish to 6'ish in the morning. So if you have Hughes net, stay up all hours of the night to do all of your downloading ;)
ReplyDeleteI have installed the trial version of Expression because I am waiting for my Shibboleth service with Old Dominion to activate... should'nt take long... then I will be able to download the full version. As of right now the student server for Germanna is not functioning... don't know why, just won't resolve.
ReplyDeleteI was able to download the Expression Studio 2 version. At first I got a "page load error" when I clicked on the download link in my e-mail, but I found out the problem and was able to download.
ReplyDelete-Jason
Jason, I have the same problem how did you get yours to work?
ReplyDeleteWas able to download and install the entire suite, no problems. This software (which is given to us free) looks very impressive and powerful.
ReplyDeletei downloaded it just took me a while to figure it out
ReplyDelete