Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 6 February 16-23

For this week's blog, discuss the following with your classmates:

1. Your initial meeting with your client, highlights, roadblocks, challenges, etc.

2. After reading Chapter 6, what components discussed in the chapter will you add to your home page?

11 comments:

  1. My initial meeting with my client went very well. I met with her at her office and discussed my ideas with her. We talked about what we liked and didn't like about the ideas, she gave me some suggestions, and she has already e-mailed me a few forms and various pictures. I'm very lucky that there have not been any challenges or anything. Ms. Becker has been very cooperative and quick to reply. She has been willing to do anything she can to help make my job easier. I'm very happy with my pick.

    After reading chapter 6, I will try to make my site more interactive because this is what the chapter talked about. Things like forms and multimedia (audio/video) should be what we focus on putting on the home pages this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I am designing my own site, I didn't meet with a client. However, I have put some thought into what I want the site to feature. As of right now, I would like to just start with a little information on caring for the guitars and a little background information.

    I have made the main links in the top menu bar on my homepage interactive, and they are dynamic because there are linked from the DWT to every page on the site (which is only two pages, right now). It's not much, but I want to take the site in a humorous direction without cluttering it. I used a generic template and I will slowly create original content. I have started this transition by first customizing the image on the left side of the page from the DWT to show a tiling image of Happycat (I'm still working out the bugs, i.e. the black space underneath Happycat's face on the links page), as you can see. I thought about adding sounds, but I really can't think of any way I could utilize a sound file without it being a general nuisance.

    One last thing, in the book (chapter 6), they mention the behaviors task pane. By default, it isn't visible, so go to the menu bar and check the Task Panes ribbon to enable it if you want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My meeting with my went really well. she was friendly. i met with her in the library. we talk about some of her ideas and what she wanted to do with them. it was fun to sit there and go over the plans and ideas with her. i felt like i was actually doing a client job.now, i haven't gotten most of the materials but she is going to give them to me next week. as far as roadblocks and challenges go, i may have a problem with making it to school and fixing some of the problems with the website. but hopefully i will get good feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2.
    i havent' decided what component i would like to from chapter 6 yet. hopefully, i can add a few drop down lists,text area boxes, and a few audio clips or backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had my meeting with Dr. B.L. Beach. She was energetic as to the thought of having an updated web page. She couldn't believe how much web technology has changed in just 2 fall semesters since her last web site was posted on germanna's web server. I am planning a multi page site that will play her favorite music and show pictures of her class in session meanwhile telling about her and some points about sociology.

    I need to first off clean up my site so it keeps with the Surf/Beach theme. My colors and ideas are still a little scattered. I hope to have it a bit more organized before doing anything else too fancy. I love to experiment - I decide I want "this" on my site and I will find out how to make it happen.

    I hope to get more into css and frames in the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to add radio buttons to my website. On the picture page, there will be a question regarding the posted picture. Please answer the question; I will post the correct answer next week. In addition, there will be a form to fill out, just provide your name so I can “announce” who the winners are. There will be other guess games, so if you miss one you will have another chance to participate. I will also include a suggestions box; here you can send me an idea for any guess game.
    As for my project, I have met with my parents and gotten their requirements. Some challenges that I see are creating a calendar that only they can alter. I’m not quite sure how to do this, but I can figure it out. The second challenge that I see is deciding what pictures are going to be posted. (We have a lot of pictures that we’ve accumulated over the years.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already met with, gotten specifics, and designed the Website for my project. Dr. Gayle Wolfe was very friendly and described what she wanted very well. It has been fun working with her.

    As far as chapter 6 is concerned... I could see nothing that I'd want to put into my Website, however, the information is very useful for many other purposes.

    -Daniel Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am meeting with my client tomorrow. Via e-mail I spoke with Mike Osman and spit out a few ideas I had about his website. We are going to discuss more details regarding the website Monday Night. As far as interactivity to my site I think I am going to make each picture a link to websites with my interests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not yet met with my client, but I am meeting her on Tues, Feb 24. As far as adding details from chapter 6 to my web site, I am probably going to add music and a few pictures.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had phone meetings so far with my client. They are very excited about getting some help with their current site. I have a face to face meeting planned for the week of Feb 23, and already have a few ideas and designs to go over.
    A detail from chapter 6 that might be used on this project would be a contact form. The site would benefit from being able to accept requests for information from prospective Cadets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm communicating with my client via email. The initial message went well. ATM, I'm working on drawing up a template to submit to my client.

    What I want to do on my next Personal Site update is add a playlist like the ones you see on myspace and facebook. I'm also adding more decorations to the site to transform my website from a website to a web experience.

    ReplyDelete